So I found myself searching for something to post here while I wait for my daughter to get out of school. Through this writer's block, I realized that I've been using Twitter to stimulate my mind into actually giving voice to the random bits of thought and information that come to mind. It has been an interesting experiment so far, with a widening of my ability to express myself in more succinct terms. The character limit means that I have to for the meaning of my thoughts into the 140 characters that they allow. As I love the English language too much to butcher it, I have to monitor word choice and really focus on the message that I wish to convey.
Of course this clashes with my learned method of discourse for writing, as I like to throw as many words at a sentence as possible in order to have a higher word count. So the mental process that I've held onto for so long are now tested and changed each day. Hopefully this blog provides a similar experience, as I am not overly verbose when speaking. I like myself enough to be comfortable in silence, yet I'm aware how awkward that makes a situation. (Full disclosure: I say comfortable enough when I mean that I'm constantly ego checking myself in order to stop myself from coming across as smug or conceited. I'm aware that it is a flaw and so I work to improve myself.) So I will utilize a familiar and comfortable manner of communication in order to express myself. The more I learn and practice the skill, the more I grow as a person. Yay for progress, right?
Until next time, dear reader.
Reminds me of dead poet society when robin williams talks about how language was made to woo ladies and you're not be lazy with it
ReplyDelete