I've always heard the name Human Resources and automatically associated it with benefits and employee relations. However, I recently met a person that literally utilizes humans as a resource for client businesses. This type of business has databases or files that they can call on if a client has an opening that they may be compatible with. My first thought was one of curiosity. How does such a business actually work? Funding this type of business can't be easy, until I realized that the product was actually people.
Before anyone thinks that I am judging this practice, I am actually intrigued. Providing a service for smaller businesses that may not have the resources to have dedicated HR offices, while also being able to provide a service to potential job seekers is a great deal. Staffing services and temp agencies provide this service (And I know that I've been fortunate to not need them).
Anyway, I just thought it was an interesting business. It also provides more background and resource knowledge for whenever I am capable of being self employed. It also provides me a name to look for. After all, it's not always what you know, but who you know.
Until next time, dear reader.
No comments:
Post a Comment