So I've had a strange day so far. Not necessarily because anything out of the ordinary had happened, but because I've been overly energetic and spacing out a lot today. I actually had someone walk up behind me, I noticed it and then had to wait for what seemed like forever for my brain to process that a person was there and to acknowledge their greeting. If my body wasn't weird with regards to caffeine, I'd almost have a cup so that I could calm down. (Clarification: Caffeine puts me to sleep, so I have to stay away from the stuff if I have to drive or do anything productive.)
If I were to posit a theory as to why I'm so energetic, I'd have to say because of the night of awesome dreaming. Since I control my dreams, I don't have nightmares or even bad dreams anymore. I just fall into a dreamless sleep, which is rather boring. However, last night my subconscious came up with its own awesome dreams. Having a night where I can just sit back and relax into a dream was nice. If my subconscious wants to keep this up, I will gladly let it happen.
Of course, learning that ability wasn't the most pleasant experience. I saw a movie that was terrifying to me when I was a little boy (This is before I was suppose to have memory...) and as a result, I developed terrible nightmares and an occasional bout of REM apnea. If you don't know what that is like, I'll describe the experience for you. You have a dream where a murderer has chased you into a dark room and is now stalking you. You wake up to escape the dream right? Sure, but you still have sleep paralysis and are unable to move our even call out for help. So your mind is stuck with that awful dream playing in every shadow of the room. Not an experience to look forward to, that's for sure. So, my mind aided me in breaking that nightly cycle.
Now I get to cruise through dreams, sure. But some days, I do miss the ability to just let bad things happen in a dream. If only so that I can feel more "normal". Of course, I like me to much to want to change that at all. (Yes, I'm THAT smug jerk.) Anyway, I'll end today's random psychoanalysis and wish you all a great day.
Until next time, dear reader.
No comments:
Post a Comment