Hello, dear readers. I'm truly sorry for the long hiatus. I've made the mistake of listening to advice that really doesn't suit me or the manner in which I operate.
A few years ago, I was talking with a family member about all of the things that I wanted to do with my life. Her advice was to drop some of those things and just focus on the one that was the most important. This of course opened a course of questions that I'm only just now resolving. The most important of which was: Important to whom?
Pursuing my personal goals, such as getting my degree and starting my business, are obviously the most important goals to me. However, the most important goal for my family is to get a promotion at my current job, or even to get a better paying job elsewhere. Which do I follow? Where do I go?
I chose to focus on my degree and to just make it through my days at work. As a result, a lot of my personal motivations dried up. The desire to accomplish anything of importance was drastically diminished because I work best when I'm loaded up with things I WANT to do and accomplish.
So here I am. Loading myself up with responsibilities and desires. If I don't force myself to improve, how can I expect anything to change
Anyway, thank you for being a platform for me to voice my ideas and thoughts. I appreciate the time that you take to read my words.
Until next time, dear reader.
No comments:
Post a Comment