One of the aspects that I've mentioned that I love is the human experience. The melding of different cultures and background provides some amazing stories. So to that end, my wife and I took our children to the Nelson-Atkins Museum for their Chinese New Year celebration. The art and history in the building already tell an incredible story, so having the live performances, food, and history all in one building was too good to miss.
The Tai Chi demonstration, the scroll painting (where they emphasized that this year is the year of the snake), the Lion Dance, the Yo-Yo demonstration, and the musical performances, along with an amazing piece of artwork in the main hall sold this event for me and my family. While it did end up being a popular celebration, I would not let the crowds deter you.
The history and traditions of the Chinese people are amazing and I enjoyed getting to experience a bit of that. Next best thing to actually going to China, right? Maybe some other time!
I'll leave you all with a few pictures of the event.
Until next time, dear reader!
No comments:
Post a Comment